Tuesday, January 15, 2008

weight

I'd been cautioned before my trip that many people gain weight while in India, especially if they go to a wedding. At the end of the trip, the weight that I was concerned about wasn't my own, but the weight of my luggage. It had certainly gained a lot of weight! (I came home very close to the same as when I left, despite all the delicious food that I ate and the fact that I didn't feel sick at any time during the trip.) I left with one suitcase of 54 pounds and 2 carry-ons, including a laptop I was carrying over for someone. Returning, the rules are that you can only have one carry-on, but can have 2 suitcases with a maximum of 50 pounds each. I may not have quite hit the maximum weight on one of my bags, but I did hit the maximum of space. As a new friend from England suggested I "jettisoned" quite a lot of things I brought with me, but really didn't want to take home. The extra weight was mostly gifts and some things I bought, although I didn't think I was that excessive. It's a good thing I didn't buy a lot of the things I was considering. They took too much space.

No comments: